Signs of a Squirrel Infestation – When to Call a Wildlife Control Company
Wildlife Control Nashville, TN, Franklin & Brentwood, TN
Though they seem to mind their business and collect their acorns, squirrels have a reputation for finding shelter in homes rather than trees. These notorious attic dwellers will typically look for shelter right before the winter and around the time their litters are due–usually in September and March. Although they are virtually harmless when unbothered, they are very capable of causing damage to your attic and ceiling if they inhabit your home. Knowing the signs of a squirrel infestation in your home can be extremely useful in avoiding costly damage and repairs through fast-acting solutions. Preventive Pest Control specializes in residential and commercial rodent removal and exclusion services. If you are in need of rat control or wildlife control in Nashville, TN, Franklin, TN or Brentwood, TN, contact Preventive Pest Control today.
How To Tell If You Have Wildlife in Your Home
During the winter and litter season, it’s important to keep an ear and eye out for any signs of a squirrel infestation. If you notice any of the below-listed signs, be sure to call a professional pest and animal control company to handle the situation for you.
Here are a few indicators of a squirrel infestation in your home:
- Scurrying/Scratching Noises: Strange noises are always a dead giveaway of an unwelcome critter in your home. Scratching and scurrying noises are the most common sounds made by squirrels when inhabiting your attic or ceiling. Additionally, these sounds will be more present during the mornings and afternoons since they keep a similar sleep schedule as us.
- Squirrels Around Your Roof: If you notice a larger than average squirrel presence around your roof, there’s a high likelihood that you have a squirrel infestation on your hands. With a high activity of squirrels around your roof, the greater the changes those squirrels will wiggle their way into your ceiling or attic. Keep in mind, it’s very common for squirrels to jump on your roof here and there when playing or running, which can be completely unrelated to an infestation. Therefore, this is something that needs to be monitored closely.
- Holes in Your Siding: Squirrels can be very creative in the ways they can sneak into homes. However, a huge indicator is the appearance of holes in your siding. If you notice that your siding has moderate-sized, jagged holes, you’re likely to have a squirrel problem.
- Chewed Wires: Chewed wires and are a common sign of squirrels inhabiting your home. This sign is one of the more dangerous signs since chewed wires can be a fire hazard. If you notice the appearance of chewed wires, you’ll want to call a professional pest and animal control center and maybe even an electrician.
- Squirrels Entering your Chimney: While you are paying close attention to the number of squirrels that are jumping to your roof, you’ll also want to keep an eye on your chimney–if you have one. If you noticed that squirrels are climbing in and out of your chimney on a regular basis, there’s a good chance you have a squirrel problem on your hands.
Rodent Control – Pest Control
If you believe that you may have a squirrel infestation on your hands, please call your local pest control professionals or wildlife control in Nashville, TN, Brentwood, TN or Franklin, TN. Though squirrels look fuzzy and cute, when threatened, they can prove to be a hazard.