Debunking Common Pest Control Myths
Sometimes, instead of calling expert exterminators in Nashville, TN, homeowners use their own DIY ways of keeping their homes clear of pests. Though many have some success with their methods, many struggle to keep those tricky pests at bay simply because their method is a myth! We get it, it’s hard to tell what a myth is and what’s actually true, which is why we are going to go through some common pest control myths and give you the hard facts.
Below, we’ve debunked a few of the most common pest control myths for you:
- If you don’t see them, then you don’t have a problem: This statement is completely false. Out of sight, out of mind may be a common mindset, however, it’s not one that should ever be used when it comes to pest control. It’s important to keep in mind that certain pests come in very small, microscopic sizes–so, just because you can’t see them, doesn’t mean they aren’t there!
- Cheese is a great bait for mice: Unfortunately, this is also an untrue statement. Though made popular by tv shows and cartoons, cheese is not a very effective bait for mice. If you are trying to trap a mouse, it’s better to use foods with high levels of sugar such as peanut butter, cereal, and cookies. If you feel you have a problem it’s best to call professional exterminators in Nashville, TN. Preventive Pest Control specializes in rodent removal and exclusion services.
- Cockroaches only infest unsanitary homes: This myth is only partially true. Though cockroaches are commonly attracted to dirty environments, they are also able to live, breed, and thrive in clean homes that they can easily access food and water in.
- Clean homes will never face a pest problem: As much as we want this to be true, it’s nothing but a myth. Unfortunately, even though a clean home can help to keep ants and mice at bay, it can’t be protected from every pest. Even in clean environments, cockroaches, termites, bedbugs, and other common pests can still find a way in and a way to thrive.
- There’s no such thing as too much insecticide: Nope, think again because this statement is beyond false–and dangerous. Although insecticide may seem like the answer to dispelling pesky pests away from your home, too much can actually make it less effective. If you use insecticide frequently, certain pests will actually start to grow a resistance towards it. Therefore, only use insecticide when it’s absolutely necessary and carefully read the provided directions when applying it.
Sometimes, it can be hard to determine what’s true and what’s a myth when it comes to pest control methods. Therefore, if you are unsure how to handle a certain pesky problem, be sure to contact a reputable, pest control company to help you with any questions and concerns you may have. Preventive Pest Control specializes in residential and commercial pest control. Protecting your home or business from pests is not a one-time event. Preventive Pest Control’s residential and commercial pest control service delivers a thorough pest management process to eliminate pest issues you have now and prevent future issues from ever happening. Contact expert exterminators in Nashville, TN, Franklin and Brentwood, TN, today!